... »

Saturday, January 1

A New Thing

If you are dedicated to Him, He will be dedicated to you.  And with this in mind, I am rededicating myself to this blog, this possible idea of a ministry.  To this stepping stone, this corner stone of my outreach.

I have attempted to avoid this.  I didn’t volunteer to do many devotions at my Christian College.  I busied myself with school and extreme work hours.  I haven’t wanted this.  I spent my time with people who were not good for me.  They most definitely didn’t want the best for me.  So I avoided this calling.

But some piece of me has known all along that this is where I was headed.  That I would be spreading God’s word, to many people.

So on this New Year’s Day, I’m looking at Isaiah 43:18&19.  It says ::
18 “Forget the former things; 
  do not dwell on the past. 
19 See, I am doing a new thing! 
  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness 
  and streams in the wasteland.

So I am forgetting the past.  Ok well not so much forgetting but not dwelling on the past.  And moving forward.  I am accepting the responsibility of this blog/calling and I am going to do this new thing.




Reference Verse Isaiah 43:18 & 19

Do not [earnestly] remember the former things; neither consider the things of old.  
Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.


No comments:

Post a Comment